Waxing for men’s hair on different parts of the body is a common practice now. More and more men are starting to show interest in manscaping these days. As a result, men widely use different hair removal methods. While shaving has been there for a long time now, other hair removal methods were not very popular amongst men.
Waxing is one such method that was previously done only by women. But soon men started waxing too and indeed it is a very effective hair removal technique to go for.
What is waxing for men’s hair?
Waxing is a type of hair removal method that uproots hair from their follicles using wax strips. This type of hair removal method is a semi-permanent one. The hair in the waxed area will no grow back fast until a few weeks at least. Thus, you don’t have to worry about getting rid of the excess hair every week as it’s the case of shaving.
How is waxing for men’s hair done?
The process of waxing is simple but the effectiveness of the results depends a lot on the procedure. If you don’t follow the instructions properly you might not be able to get a single hair off your skin.
Here’s the stepwise process of waxing the correct way :
Before the process
- First, make sure that the hair over the target area is no longer than one-fourth to three-fourths of an inch. If they are longer than that trimming them to a shorter length is advisable. This is important as this way the waxing process will be less painful.
- Waxing can be painful for some, there’s nothing we can do about it. But you can take some measures to reduce the pain. You can try using ice packs over the target area before and after waxing to numb the pain a bit.
- Washing the target area gently just before waxing is essential. You should do this to free the area from dead skin cells and residues of skincare products.
During the process
- Now, warm the wax as instructed in the user manual. Make sure to keep an eye on the temperature as you are not preparing to burn yourself with extra hot wax.
- After the wax melts and reaches a certain suitable temperature start applying it over the target area. For results, experts recommend applying the wax along the direction of hair growth. Spread the wax evenly over the area in such a way that it covers all the unwanted hairs.
- Now apply the cloth strip over the area where the wax is applied. After placing the cloth firmly, press it gently and hold it for some seconds.
- While removing the strip, hold the skin around the area tight and pull the strip quickly in the opposite direction of hair growth. You might be able to do this step yourself in the case of legs or other reachable body parts. But when dealing with parts like the underarms or back, you’ll be needing an extra pair of hands to help you out.
After the process
After this, you should use some ice packs or non-clogging moisturizers to soothe the skin over the area.
Over which parts can hair removal wax for men be used?
Different body wax for men can be used over pretty much every part of the body with unwanted hair. Usually, waxing for men’s hair is done over the given areas :
By face, we don’t recommend men waxing their beard off. While your beard is your prized possession, the unwanted around might make it look a bit shabby. But precise waxing will remove them and make your beard style stand out.
Unwanted hair in your ears and nose can also be removed using proper wax. Similarly, waxing is an effective way of taking care of your unibrow too.
To know more about facial waxing we have the article you need. The ultimate guide to facial waxing with FAQs
Upper body waxing for men is probably the most common one. This includes your chest, arms, and back where most men grow body hair. Shaving the whole body is not an easy task and is of course very bothersome. Waxing is the best option for all men out there when it comes to upper body hair removal.
Waxing unwanted hair over legs is very common amongst athletes and models. But is not so uncommon among the average guys either.
Underarm hair produces a lot of sweat and bad odor during summer. To avoid any embarrassing moments, you can simply wax them off.
Brazilian waxing or waxing over the groin region is a common practice today. More many reasons, keeping it clean there pose as a reasonable choice. While shaving may leave cuts and bumps over the sensitive pubic skin, waxing will do the job instantly.
Different types of body wax for men
There are different types of body waxes for men and women to use. You can choose from the five types of body waxes given below based on the target area and skin type.
1. Soft wax
This type of wax is mostly used for waxing men’s hair over large body areas like the chest, back, arms, and legs. It is directly applied to the target area using a wooden stick or roller to form a thin layer. This type of wax is effective in removing tiny hair from the target area. Multiple-use of this wax is not at all recommended. This is so because, if waxing is done more than once using the soft wax, skin cells might start peeling off with the wax too.
2. Hard wax
Hard wax is more suitable for smaller and sensitive areas like underarms, genital areas. This type of wax is heated first and then applied to the target area warmly. Unlike soft wax, this wax can be used multiple times as it sticks to the hair and not the skin. Waxing using hard wax is considerably less painful than soft wax too.
3. Sugar wax
As the name suggests this type of wax is made from sugar and other natural ingredients like lemon extracts. It is suitable for use over sensitive as it is made of natural ingredients.
4. Fruit wax
Fruit wax is similar to hard wax for men. It is suitable for use over the sensitive areas as it can be applied multiple times. This type of wax comes with natural fruit-based ingredients that add skin nourishing properties to the product. They are gentler on the skin and in addition to hair removal works as a skincare product too. These enhanced properties make fruit wax a bit costlier too.
5. Chocolate wax
Chocolate wax for men contains anti-oxidizing properties of chocolate. It is less painful to use and thus comes at a heavy cost.
Advantages of waxing for men’s hair
- Waxing is a semi-permanent hair removal method. It lasts longer than shaving and less than laser hair treatment. If you are a lazy person who hates to shave frequently but doesn’t want permanent hair removal, waxing is your thing.
- After waxing is done, the hair that grows out, later on, is much softer and healthier.
It does take much time to do it. Waxing men’s hair takes only a few minutes. Thus, it is very time-consuming.
- It can be done at home too.
Disadvantages of waxing for men’s hair
- The process can be painful. Although the pain depends on the person’s capacity to bear and skin types, everyone is bound to feel something.
- There is no room for mistakes when you are waxing. If you make any mistake the outcome may be dangerous. Bleeding is just one possible outcome when you make mistakes while waxing.
Average waxing price in India
Here’s a table to give an insight into the average price of waxing services for men in India.
|Body Part||Price (Rupees)|
|Full upper body||2500|
|Full groin area||4000|
|Full body (except groin region)||9400|
|Full body (including groin region)||12000|
Is waxing for men safe?
Yes, waxing is completely safe for both men and women when done properly.
How long do men hair waxing last?
The effects of waxing last at least four weeks or more. This is much longer than shaving.
Can you do men full body wax at home?
Yes, many types of wax can be used at homes without going to the salon. But the results may not be as effective as that of a salon.
Can you use wax for your groin?
Yes, waxing over the groin region is done too. To prevent any possible damage, it is highly recommended to do it in the waxing salons though.
Does waxing darken the skin?
No, it does not directly darken your skin tone. But in the process of waxing some part of the epidermis may get peeled off making the skin vulnerable tans.
Does is waxing for men hurt?
It is not painless but it doesn’t induce any unbearable kind of pain.
Bottom line: Why should guys go for waxing for men?
Full-body men waxing will give extra definition to your physique. Men tend to grow hair faster than women and this makes it bothersome for many. Shaving doesn’t help much as the hair grows back within a few days. Waxing is the best option for men when it comes to making hair removal less frequent.
Well, waxing is not just used to remove hair over the chest, legs, and similar body parts but also small and sensitive areas. Waxing can also be used to get rid of ear and nose hair, unibrows, and hair growing near your beard. Thus, waxing makes a man more hygienic as well as well-groomed.
Many men have tried waxing to get effective results and have continued using it since their first time. So, what’s stopping you?
Grooming is equally essential for men as much it is for women. Here is a list of 30 Best Men’s Grooming Products to help you polish your looks.
We hope this article was helpful to you. If you think we have missed out on anything, please let us know down in the comments below.