Okay, so before we go any further, lets first once go back to the basics. You aspire to lose fat over a week or so and try to sacrifice sweet little white bread, pastries, fruits and what not! We are here to guide you through a total ketogenic discussion to make sure you do not miss out on anything vital before you start the keto plan at all!
Tip1. A Keto Intro, Know What Exactly We Mean By Keto Diet
Well to start with, a keto diet is a low-carb,high-protein diet that combines these nutrients in a way that your body goes on a process called the ketosis. Ketosis is the process your body adopts when you stop intaking high carbs and your body takes its necessary raw material from other sources like protein and fat. The keto may sound similar to that of Atkins or Paleo diet but they are not technically the same. a ketogenic diet puts a limit to carb intake most commonly from 20g to 50g per day. The job of intaking as much protein is to maintain the lean body mass. It is also arguable that Keto diets have been proven magically useful for epileptic patients and especially children.
“Essentially, you are pushing carbs low enough that your body has no choice but to burn fat for fuel,” says Andres Ayesta, MS, RD, LD, CSCS, CSSD, owner of Vive Nutrition in Orlando.
Tip2. Food Plan- What All Are You Allowed To Eat If On A Keto
You may get sad for a while thinking about all the sacrifices you are gonna be doing when you will activate your Keto plan. The reason is that you will have to compromise having carbs by 60 to 80 percent which is quite a deal for foodies. But hey you should be excited about the result, where this journey is gonna take you will give you some victorious feeling at your palms. Let us start from the negatives then go for the ticked ones. Here are the foods you need to avoid:
- starchy vegetables like potatoes, squash, corn, peas, etc.
- Grains, such as rice, pasta, and oatmeal
- Low-fat dairy products
- Added sugars and sweeteners
- Sugary beverages, including juice and soda
- Traditional snack foods, such as potato chips, pretzels, and crackers
- Most fruits, except for lemons, limes, tomatoes, and small portions of berries
- Starchy vegetables, including corn, potatoes, and peas
- Trans fats, such as margarine or other hydrogenated fats
- Most alcohols, including wine, beer, and sweetened cocktails
Tip3. Know What To Put On The Plate?
- Fat Intake: Olive oil, avocado oil, chia seeds, coconuts, pumpkin seeds, nuts
- Protein Intake: Salmon, Sardines, Tuna, Eggs, Natural cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.
- Carb Intake: Tomatoes, Eggplants, Spinach, Green beans, cucumber, etc.
Tip4. Know Where There Are Hidden Carbs
Be careful of those carbs concealing them under the filter. Yogurt garnished with good nuts may look like a lucrative keto on the go snack. But did you know it too contains carb that may spoil your day’s effort? Processed and seafood for the high protein maintenance can do you that bit of harm to ruin your keto plan. Also try and avoid those packaged so-called healthy juices and condiments like ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and popular sauces.
Tip5. The Goods Of A Keto Diet
A keto diet enables you to have a purported weight loss which again has multiple benefits.
- Firstly it helps you lose plenty of unwanted calories and thus helps you reduce a lot of weight.
- It enables your body to lose extra fat dramatically by elevating the amount of fat-burning in your body resulting in more better and stable energy flow in your tissues and organs.
- It also helps you get rid of skin issues like acne by eliminating sugar and high carb elements from your diet intake.
- Improves brain functions
- If you are on a diet you must know that hunger is your biggest game spoiler, Keto in a way reduces this worry.
Diet is always a good idea but going for good research costs you no dime. So did you know these weight loss facts? 5 Facts About Fat Loss You Should Know
Did you know you can still stay fit even without rushing to a gym? Don’t Like Going To The Gym? Here Are 5 Tips To Get Fit AF