Underwear is the first item of clothing that we put on every day. Yet we don’t pay as much attention to it as we should. Wearing the wrong pair of underwear not only makes you uncomfortable throughout the day, but also takes away from the rest of your outfit, no matter how sharp it is. It is the layer of clothing that sits closest to your skin and is always in direct contact with it. Therefore, it is imperative that you choose the right pair of underpants.
Points To Consider When You Go Underwear Shopping:
1. Purpose: Are you looking for something you can everyday or something you can sleep in? Or do you want to buy something exclusively for working out or playing sports? Or maybe something you can wear under your suit pants?
2. Size: You’re wearing a size too small if it digs into your thighs or makes you uncomfortable around the crotch. And it’s a little bit too large if it rolls up and gathers under your jeans. The fitting varies significantly from brand to brand, so make sure you follow the size charts provided.
3. Fabric: While cotton is more breathable, spandex offers more stretch & flexibility. Or go with satin & silk if you want to feel like a King.
4. Price: Pay a premium price only if you’re getting premium quality. And buy in bulk, because obviously, when you buy more you save more.
5. The Rest Of Your Outfit: Keep in mind what you’re going to wear over your underwear. Never wear dark underwear under white or light-coloured fabrics. Specially when the fabric is light and kind of see-through.
The two most common kinds of underwear are briefs and trunks. Just for you, we’ve researched thoroughly about both. Read for yourself and decide which one suits you best.
These cover your posterior and package, but leave the upper thigh and side of the leg exposed. As a result, they’re comfortable to wear under just about anything. If you need support or prefer to keep everything in place but don’t care for excess fabric, briefs are just what you need. They’re great for moderate sports and everyday dressing. But they’re best for men with larger thighs and those who are quite well-endowed. Also, briefs expose more of your legs and make them appear longer. Therefore, they are ideal for shorter guys as well.
When men with thicker thighs wear underwear with legs attached (like boxers, trunks or boxer-briefs) it tends to ride up as they move around throughout the day. This causes the fabric to roll up and gather under slim fitting jeans or trousers. This rolled up fabric inevitably shows through your jeans or trousers & makes you look shabby.
This style is extremely supportive, so if you’re crazy about cardio, look no further. While 100% cotton briefs are ideal for everyday use, be sure to pick a slightly more breathable fabric when you’re buying briefs exclusively for your workouts. These will wick away excess moisture from your skin.
There are low-rise, mid-rise, high-rise briefs available:
Low-rise: These sit below the natural waistline on the hips and provide just enough fabric to cover you up. Many of these are designed specifically to enhance the package. Ideally worn with shorts, low-rise jeans, and gym shorts.
Mid-rise: Designed such that the waistband sits at the natural waistline, mid-rise briefs should be worn with regular cut jeans, dress pants, and broader shorts.
High-rise: With the waistband sitting right below the belly button, high-rise briefs provide a more traditional fit. These can skim your waist, eliminating love handles and giving the stomach a flattened appearance. You can wear these with high rise pants.
Trunks are a shorter version of the boxer-brief that is becoming increasing popular with the rising popularity of the skinny jeans & trousers. They have a mid to upper thigh length. They are usually closed, but some may have a keyhole fly. Nowadays, most trunks come with an extra pouch of fabric at the front for added support and enhancement.
Trunks sit closer to the skin than boxer-briefs and often come with a more stretchable fabric. As a result, these are best worn by men who have slimmer thighs. Guys with larger thighs might find their pant legs continuously riding up when they walk. These usually have a low-rise fitting, meaning that the waistband sits lower on the hips. This makes it useful for men who are putting in hours at the gym for those washboard abs and want more of their torso to show. Plus, these are great for everyday wear and can be worn with just about anything.
Check out briefs & trunks from the house of Damensch, which come with three times softer micro-modal fabric and a superior microfibre waistband for ultimate comfort and a premium feel. The fabric wicks away twice the moisture making sure you don’t get sweaty down there. These underwear are preshrunk and offer certified resilience to shrinkage. They are also lab tested for colour fade which makes them extremely long lasting. Click here to go through their range of classic and minimalistic looking briefs & trunks.