According to recent studies, a person who exercises is happier than an inactive wealthy person. A group of researchers from Yale and Oxford Universities did some research by considering the data collected from 1.2 million people. They concluded that an active individual feels as happy as an inactive individual who earns 25,000 dollars more! So, instead of working your ass out in the office to earn some extra money, going out for a stroll around the park is much more beneficiary.
Some other conclusions of the research are-
- The individuals who exercise had 43% fewer days of poor mental health in a month than individuals who did not.
- Team sports contributed more to better mental health than other sports.
- Exercise is helpful only when done for a definite amount of time. Extending the amount of time devoted to it has no positive effects on the health of the individual.
Here are a few more reasons for how exercise makes a person happier.
1. The Answer Lies In Biology
Exercises release “feel-good chemicals” in our bodies. Endorphins are chemicals secreted by the pituitary gland which produces a feeling of euphoria. Thus, when we make sudden movements, this hormone gets released and makes us feel good which lasts for a considerable amount of time.
2. Exercise Fights Against Your Problems
Exercises can help get rid of anxiety and insomnia. It maintains our mental health, thus, keeping mental illness like anxiety at bay. Similarly, it requires energy and to restore the lost energy, sleep is necessary. Insomnia gets to space to exist anymore.
3. It Boosts Your Confidence
Daily exercise makes a man healthier physically and mentally. Your self-confidence will boost when you see yourself transforming in a strong individual.
Exercise helps us to maintain our health and keeping us fit. We must exercise regularly to enjoy a healthy life.