What are the best love handle exercises for men to get rid of those stubborn belly fats? If you are looking for an answer to this question, you have stumbled upon the right article. Even though those fats around your waist and hips which are commonly called love handles, are hard to get rid of, it’s not an impossible task. If you do the needful with sheer determination, no one can stop you from building a fat-free lean muscular mid-section.
Fat retention is the underlying cause of love handles. Basically, love handles formed by the accumulation of fat cells around your waist and hips over time. Though fat cell accumulation occurs in various parts of the body, due to some factors your hip region and abdominal regions are more prone to fat retention which leads to the formation of love handles.
Why are love handle exercises for men important?
Love handles are hard to lose for both men and women. The scientific reason behind it is quite simple. When storing fats, your midsection area get’s the priority. Thus, when you want to lose weight, your body will place your mid-section at last, making it the toughest part when it comes to losing fats. Moreover, the muscles under the love handles are thin. They cannot bulk up easily. Which makes it harder to get rid of the fats over it even after a lot of workouts.
To get rid of stubborn love handles a special set of love handle exercises for men is very important. Though presence of love handles isn’t a dangerous thing, but they may lead various underlying issues later on.
Love handle exercises for men
Spot reduction of fats doesn’t work. To get rid of love handles, you can’t just work only on your core muscles because love handles are present around that region. You’ll have to reduce fats in your whole body if you want to get rid of love handles. You can not simply choose your love handles to reduce without working on your whole body.
Here are 5 love handle exercises for men that you can try to finally part ways from your fat pockets.
1. Mountain Climber
Mountain climber is a full-body exercise useful in getting rid of extra belly fats.
- To do this exercise, first get into a normal plank position, keeping your weight evenly between your hands and your toes.
- Raise your body a bit to make sure you have enough room for your knees. Pull your right knee into your chest as far as you can.
- Switch legs, pulling one knee out and bringing the other knee simultaneously.
- Keep your core tight and hips down. Alternate inhaling and exhaling with each leg change.
2. Side Planks
This is one important love handle exercises for men. The mechanism of the exercise is quite simple.
- First, lie on the floor on your side with your feet resting one above the other.
- Slightly raise your lower arm such that the forearm is parallel to the floor such that your body rests on your forearm and legs.
- Hold the position for half a minute and go back to the initial position.
- Continue the process with the other side too and keep doing so simultaneously for the required number of times.
3. Bicycle Crunches
The bicycle crunch is an effective core-focused exercise that can help in getting rid of love handles.
- To do this exercise first lie down with your back on the floor in a supine position with your feet placed close together. Place your hands on the back of your head without interlocking your fingers.
- Gradually bring the left knee towards the torso while simultaneously moving your neck and head towards the chest region. Make sure that your elbow touches the knee in this position.
- Hold the position for a second and then go back to the initial position. Repeat the same motion with the other knee to complete one rep.
Woodchopper is a full-body effective love handle exercise for men. To do this exercise you’ll need a free weight or a dumbbell.
- Firstly, keep your legs apart with your knees bent over your feet. Keep in mind that you must keep your knees bent outward and inwards as this might injure you in the long run.
- Hold the weights on your right side with both hands in the bent position.
- Now move the weight with both hands upwards twisting your midsection and pivoting on the right leg as you slowly unbend your knees. Keep in mind that the right breathing is important too. Breathe out as you move the weight upwards. This is the top of the exercise and the motion of the exercise is a diagonal movement.
- From there, bring the weight back down to the initial position and remember to breathe in as you do so.
- Repeat the same movement on the left-hand side to complete a rep.
The number of sets and reps with a suitable amount of weight depends on your personal preference.
5. Russian Twists
Russian twists are a good core exercise to burn belly fats.
- To perform a Russian twist, sit down on your sit bones and lift your feet slightly by keeping your knees bent.
- Straighten your spine at a 45-degree angle from the floor such that your torso and thighs create a V shape.
- Bring your arms in front of your chest and interlock your fingers by clasping your hands together.
- With your abdominals coming into action twist to the right, then back to the center and then to the left to complete a rep.
You must increase the number of reps in every set you do for better results.
How To Get Good Results From Love Handle Exercises for Men?
You can’t get rid of your love handles in a single day or just a week. Based on the body fat percentage and frequency and the number of workouts, the duration after which results can be noticed may vary. But if you do the right love handle exercises for men coupled with a good diet, you are sure to see clear results sooner than others.
Once you are done with love handles, you can now aim for the six-pack abs you’ve always wanted. Here’s the best guide to build perfect six-pack abs to help you out.
We hope this article was helpful to you. If you think we have missed out on anything, please let us know in the comments below.